- Workshop Chairs: Jörn Schmidt and Chris Vicari
- Invited Speakers: Chris Vicari and Reinhold Leinfelder
- Take your chance and present your scientific work in the poster session during the symposium!
- Learn about the speaker of the symposium here.
- You can find the agenda of the symposium here.
The perception of maritime subjects and issues are different between groups of people, and depends on the information available to either party. The communication of scientific results is thus crucial to increase literacy and allow informed decision-making. Communication could be interactive (e.g. games), or using easy to approach media, e.g. comics. In the past years, there is growing realization of the potential for games and gamelike experiments as powerful tools for education, outreach, research, and in particular for issues related to maritime management. While focussing on games this workshop will explore new ways of science communication and how to engage with stakeholders as well as the general public. We will do this by looking at worked examples of games and comics, and by having fun with all participants in a game jam!
If you would like to participate in this workshop, please register for the Ocean Sustainability Science Symposium here! Registration is still open until 15 February 2015.
We are looking forward to an inspiring symposium.