Introduction to Ocean Governance
- Workshop Chair: Larry Hildebrand
- Invited Speakers:
- an issue paper will be published soon.
- Take your chance and present your scientific work in the poster session during the symposium!
- Learn about the speaker of the symposium here.
- You can find the agenda of the symposium here.
The workshop aims to discuss capacity-building in the context of ocean governance by gathering experts working in this field. While the importance of capacity-building in strengthening ocean governance has been widely recognized, there is, to date, no overall analysis of the concept in the context of ocean governance or an overview of past and ongoing capacity-building activities in this field. This is considered to have contributed to the lack of coordination (and possibly overlaps) among existing capacity-building initiatives in some cases and the negligence of pressing needs in other cases.
If you would like to participate in this workshop, please register for the Ocean Sustainability Science Symposium here! Registration is still open until 31 January 2015.
We are looking forward to an inspiring symposium.